Ayuli Jemide is the founder and Lead Partner of Detail Commercial Solicitors (DETAIL). A top tier law firm based in Lagos, Nigeria, DETAIL is distinct as Nigeria’s first commercial solicitor firm to specialize exclusively in non-courtroom practice. Ayuli has won several awards which include: World Finance, Best Lawyer, Nigeria 2013 and This Day Newspapers, Lawyers to Watch in Year 2016.
Ayuli’s expertise includes: transaction advisory, boardrooms, policy, regulatory, infrastructure, investments, oil & gas, finance and public private partnerships (PPPs). With over 20 years of experience, Ayuli has advised on various notable transactions in Nigeria, which include:
• Advised Beloxxi Industries Limited, a Nigerian Manufacturer of Beloxxi Crackers in the USD 80 million Private Equity Investment from a consortium consisting of African Capital Alliance, 8 Miles and DEG.
• Advised The Infrastructure Bank on the 170 billion Naira project financing for the reconstruction and rehabilitation of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria’s first Federal Toll road to reach financial close on tranche 1 financing.
• Advised AITEO Eastern E&P Company Limited on the USD 3 billion acquisition of participating interest in Oil Mining Lease 29 and Nembe Creek Pipeline, Shell’s second largest asset worldwide.
• Advised LADOL Integrated Logistics Free Zone Enterprise on the structuring of a joint venture undertaking between LADOL and Samsung Heavy Industries Company, Korea, for the Green Field Fabrication and Integration of a USD 350 million FPSO for Total. It is the first in-country integration and fabrication of an FPSO in Nigeria.
• Advised Sona Brewery Group in its sale of 5 regional breweries to Heineken International BV, increasing Heineken’s capacity by 3.7 million hectolitres in Nigeria.
• Acted as Solicitor to the offer on the 30 billion Naira UAC Property Development Company, Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). This transaction challenged the norm in relation to how REITs are structured in Nigeria and led to the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission changing its rules.
• Advised the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) on the Design & Build and PPP Concession of the Lagos State Urban Light Rail.
• Advised Lagos State Government on the Lekki-Ikoyi Toll Bridge Operation and Maintenance Concession. The iconic LekkiIkoyi Bridge is the first suspension bridge in West Africa.